Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ground Breaking July 9, 2008






Sean and his youngest brother, Michael, surveyed the rear of the property at 7am that morning to mark the areas that would need to be hit by the demolition crew. They had it rough staked and ready before the crew arrived at the property.


The boys left for their next job site before the crew arrived. I became very emotional when they drove the machinery up the driveway - this was really for real, oh my god! No turning back at this point! The rubble in the rear demo picture is the patio being chomped up - they had the whole rear area demolished within a couple of hours.


After I took the pic of them getting started in the back, I realized I really needed to stop watching their every move and get ready for work -- so I hopped in the shower, blew dry my hair and was getting dressed when there was a vibration of the house and the power went dead. I threw the rest of my clothes on and ran to the back window to see the (3rd pic) power line that goes from the back yard pole to the house laying on top of the cage of the bobcat! It was pretty scary to look into his eyes and see the fear of being toasted so early in the morning, but luckily the backhoe driver was resourceful and used the bucket to lift the live wire off of the backhoe so that the driver could get to safety.


After a nice dinner out with conversation consisting of positive hopes of how we hope this accident on the job site on day one was not a sign of things to come. . . the very nice electrical workers managed to have the power up and running by the time we woke up the next morning.

No comments: